2012 Congressional Visits
HOW TO GET INVOLVED AND SCHEDULE YOUR VISIT. ITS EASY!
- Find your representatives
- just click on your state and then your representatives' names from the list
- instantly get contact information as well as DC and local office locations
- You can complete this letter template with personal details and fax it to your
congressperson requesting a visit, or look on their website for a visit request form, or phone and ask for the district scheduler.
- if you fax them a letter or use a webform, be sure to follow up by phone.
- Enjoy your visit! See below for some information and guidelines for your discussion.
- A few days after meeting with your rep, be sure to send a follow-up letter by fax or email,
reiterating your main points and thanking them for their time.
- the support letter linked just below would make a good template for this.
- If you are unable to visit your representatives in person:
- please still take the time to mail, fax, or email a personal letter
thanking them for past support of science and encouraging their continued support for basic research in the US.
- include with your letter a printout of some of the fact sheets provided by Fermilab and linked below.
In particular, the Quick Overview, Educational Contributions, and Benefits to Society are good choices.
- Important note:
- when communicating with your members of Congress, you must use your own personal resources (phone, fax, email), not
those of Fermilab.
- this includes not sending email from your fnal account.
SOME POINTERS ON WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU VISIT
OTHER USEFUL WEBSITES
AFTER YOUR VISIT
- The UEC would greatly appreciate your feedback about your visits.
- Please take the time to email us your responses to this survey.
- Your feedback will help us to build a successful program of local lobbying.